Thursday, December 9, 2010

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas!

Christmas has once again come to Bordentown, as John and I prepare for our first Christmas in our (not-so) new apartment, and for our last Christmas before we're married. Weird thought.

This year we sprung for a 6.5 foot (artificial) tree since we finally have the space for it. It's decked out with lights, red, green, gold, and silver ornaments, and gold garland, despite John's protestation (I win!). We also have a fluffy red tree skirt, that Hamlet has claimed as his new favorite bed. Saw that one coming. Our door is decorated with a live balsam wreath purchased through our church, and man it smells so delightful. It just feels so much more like home this time of year when everything is shiny and happy and welcoming.

Shopping is almost done, I'm planning my baking, and we're planning our holiday travels, which will finish with an exciting getaway to visit Dana in her new home and new state of residence! I get a nice heap of time off work, my first vacation since I started here back in May--that's right. I'm well overdue, and totally ready for it. I've been doing a bad job of taking care of myself, so it'll be nice to stop for a while and catch up on a little gal named Maureen.

No comments: