Tuesday, November 29, 2011

First Married Christmas



So it's almost been a whole month since our wedding, and John and I finally have our official marriage license. Now I can start the process of legally changing my name. I've started using Riggi at work in an unofficial capacity (ie I'm not listed under the new name yet, but I've started the transition in my email signature and on the plaque outside my door). Next steps now are to change it up with Social Security and the DMV and then I can make the zillions of phone calls it'll take to switch over the remaining things. Time to really start practicing that new signature! Don't want it look like a 5-year old signed my DL! haha

Thanksgiving was wonderful and spent with John's family. It was different since I had never spent it with anyone but my parents, but we visited with them on Sunday for a post-Thanksgiving Thanksgiving. And then the hubby and I did two things we have never done before: ventured out for some Black Friday shopping and decorated before the calendar hit December. Gasp! We're just so excited to celebrate our first married Christmas, so we want to make the season last as long as we can.

Here are some Christmassy pictures from Disney, as well as some from our 2011 decorations at home.

Train station at Magic Kingdom.
Looking down Main Street, USA.
Ginormous (real) gingerbread house under construction at the Grand Floridian.
Not Christmassy, but just cute. Upon entering Epcot.
Our special souvenier to commemorate our Disney honeymoon.

The "mommy and daddy" tree.


Hammy's tree.

No comments: