Sunday, January 22, 2012

Birthday Week!

Yes, I claim the entire week!

It's the time of year when I get showered with freebies! Free drinks at Starbucks, a free Panera goodie, free appetizers. Huzzah!

We kicked off the countdown to 26 with lunch at Bonefish Grill in Langhorne, PA this afternoon. It was delicious and filling, and the leftovers are in the fridge in anticipation of dinner tomorrow. After lunch we wandered around the Oxford Valley Mall for a bit to ward off the food coma. It was a typical mall, but it did have two fun and "different" stores in the form of Teavana and Williams Sonoma. I got myself a little owl tea cup to keep at my desk at work with the little ceramic pot Mom got me for Christmas. Now I can truly sip in style. Ohm.

Love the clever doodles they give you on your leftover container.

Owl mug from Teavana!

The week will be typical...work, home, work, but then for the weekend we're heading to lunch at Rat's and then down to Voorhees for the All South Jersey Chorus concert, conducted by the amazing Mike Doheny (my high school director). After the concert we'll crash at Casa Maureen's Parents and on the morning of my birthday (that's the 29 for those of you playing at home), Mom, Dad, Hubby, and I will go and check out a new tea house, The Tea Place, that opened in a nearby town. Should be fun. I'm looking forward to some tea sammies and scones. YUM!

In other homefront news, we're doing a mini-redo in the office. Since I haven't used my desk in over a year and a half, I decided I want it outta there! It had really just become a collector of junk and dust, and stressed me out every time I went around that corner. So the desk is now out and in the living room (before temporary storage in the basement and off to its final destination of my parents' house for their computer station), and we've put an old bookcase in there to house John's myriad school books and some of my office-need stuff. AKA drop zone for laptop, pens, paper, etc. It's nothing overly thrilling, but it makes me happy to know there's a bit more order in there. Heck, I felt better once all the backlog of wedding stuff was out of there. It had become craft/gift/invitation/card mayhem!

Lastly, we had some snow overnight Friday into Saturday. Nothing grand, and it all turned to sleet eventually, but this lazy Sunday morning started with baking cinnamon muffins and sipping almond-amaretto tea. Sad to see the weekend go, but what a nice way to send it off.



Well, now it's time to relax in preparation for the Giants game, and probably some more (re)reading of Mockingjay. I can't believe I just blew through the whole Hunger Games triolgy again--a task I will likely repeat again before the release of the first movie on 3/23. Whoot!

Cheerio, mates.

No comments: