Sunday, April 22, 2012

Onward and Springward!

Vacation Countdown:

Las Vegas: 86 days
Key West: 117 days
Ireland: 180 days

Also looking forward to the beginning of Princeton summer (aka June 6--Commencement is on the 5), and daytripping to John's and my official beach, Ocean City, NJ. I intend to be nice and bronze by the time we're down in the Keys! Well, bronze for my ghostly pale standards. haha

Also on the docket: My brother graduates from Camden County College with his Associates Degree in Business Management; John's cousin graduates from Virginia Tech; John's brother graduates from Raritan High School and begins preparations to attend William Paterson University. So much to celebrate between our families.

We also, of course, have Baby Boy Branin's arrival to look forward to, so some shopping at Babies R Us is in store.

With 2012 turning out to be such an exciting year, I'm thinking about how flat 2013 looks! haha Hope to get in a trip or two (Monterey Bay Aquarium? Harry Potter World?), and also to start really getting our ducks in a row for house-hunting.

For now, I'm simply looking forward to working on/in my garden this week. We finally had some soaking rain today, which means I can manipulate the soil--plan to put in 3 more hostas in the corner, and will also do some container gardening once caladiums are out and about. John also wants to get in some NJ native plants, and mentioned ferns as a nice ground cover option, so we'll see to add to the landscape bit by bit. I'm also eager to find a nice solar lantern to hand on the other side of my double Shepard's hook. It's currently home to a bird feeder (which keeps Hammy very entertained!), but I'd like something else we can leave out year-round--think of how cute the lantern would look illuminating a snowy yard. : )

As far as indoor gardening, I'm thinking I'd really like a succulent garden to perhaps adorn the dining room table as a centerpiece. Did some reading on their needs, and I think they'll do well. We shall see.

Until next time, stay tuned for more news and more pictures as I begin to work.

No comments: