Friday, December 21, 2012

Feeling abandoned?

I know, I'm sorry...it's been like 2 months since I've been on here.

Next week is Christmas, but thanks to the warm weather, it certainly will not be white...I miss snow, and am holding out hope that I'll have some by (or for!) my birthday.

Tomorrow night John and I are going to a friend's wedding (well, reception--they actually got married in Nice over the summer!) and I'm super excited. I got a pretty dress, sparkly gold 4-inch heels, and a manicure. I'm ready to bring it.

After that it'll be a two-day marathon of baking and cooking for our holiday travels.

I'm planning to pop on here at some point next week with a pictoral tour of my baking--I'm attempting one new recipe and tweaking an old classic of mine, so I'll be eager to share and debrief. Tonight I'll be crafting and assembling the cute cookie boxes I bought. It's a cute DIY set I picked up while doing Christmas shopping last week. It's perfect because it comes with 4 dividers and little fluted papers (like in Milano packages), and I happen to be making 4 varieties of cookies this year! The set also has pre-cut ribbons and gift tags. I've got high hopes.

So that's all for now. Stay tuned for more.

No comments: