Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Thankful.

Tomorrow is my favorite day of the year. It'll be the first in our very own house, and we are hosting my mom, dad, and brother. Baking began last night with my double-layer pumpkin pie (it's a non-bake Jello recipe I've made for, oh, about 10 years at this point). Today means hypercleaning, organizing, taking out the "holiday" dishes and serveware, more cooking prep, and finally collapsing into bed before waking up at about 5:30 to shove the turkey in the oven (so we can eat in the late afternoon).

Right now the forecast looks dreary, but I'm crossing my fingers the storm will blow itself out and we can light up the fire pit for cocktails (hello, hot brandied cider) and appetizers (uhm...cheese and veggies are involved...need I say more?).

I am very much hoping to stop back in here during the 4-day weekend with some photos of The Cottage all festived up for the day of the gobbler.

I'm trying hard to not stress out, and to be kind to myself (and poor John, who is often upon whom my compulsions are the most apt to fall) while I juggle a lot at home and a lot at work, and a fried mental hard drive. But the good news is, I'm keeping on keeping on. I am immeasurably thankful for the love and support I have from those in my life, now more than ever since it's hard for me to provide those things toward myself.

I hope you all wake up and watch the parade in the warmth of your homes. I hope you eat too much good food. I hope you don't argue too much, and you don't spill the gravy when you pass it. I hope you are mindful of what you're thankful for.

Gobble gobble.

No comments: