Tuesday, April 15, 2014

As Usual, It's Feast or Famine Keeping Up This Here Blog-a-ma-jig

I've got three things to catch you up on, but tonight I'll just focus in on one: I've filled a blank wall in the bedroom that had been bugging me. It's now functional and definitely more visually pleasing! But first where it all began...

Here's the blank-ish state I started with.
I first got the idea when I realized I needed a better way to store my long and delicate necklaces. I would coil them into neat little rounds like a garden hose, but still...they'd get tangled and my poor jewelry box just couldn't accommodate them.

So I was like: Bingo! Hang them! I found a lovely shelf with hooks already on it at Target, which also meant I could raise some of the items on my bureau up and clear the clutter on the tabletop. Yes, this was feeling good. I'd of course need another shelf on the other side to balance things out, though hooks would be useless over there because the TV takes up a lot of wall real estate. But a second floating shelf would give me a place to nestle a clock, which I so direly need to keep on track while getting ready in the morning.

I started phase one a few weeks ago, and just today got the second shelf to complete the project (the size and color I needed were sold out when I bought the supplies for phase one).

Phase One.

Dear me, this just just makes me so happy with its loveliness. : )

I hope you like the finished product as much as I do! Form. Function. Zen. Ohm.

Here's the completed wall. I got two small robe hooks for my pashmina scarves (over there on the right).

You may also have noticed I ditched the 1990s Caboodle that previously housed my makeup. I did some spring cleaning of makeup supplies over the weekend, and pared down enough so I could use a nice basket instead of a clunky plastic piece of my childhood. Ah, growing up...



The shelf with the clock is still a bit bare for my taste, but there are some lovely cottagey accents at Micheal's I may go and pick up to make it a bit more festive. But for now it performs its most essential function: holding a cute little clock so I can keep my bum moving along in the mornings!

Later this week I'll be back to write about the beginnings of my spring garden (I've got bulbs coming up, I did some container gardening over the weekend, and am super eager to start digging out the ugly bushes and shrubs the sellers left). I also have to tell you about my latest baking adventure: macarons! I baked a test batch over the weekend with general success, but the pressure it truly on tomorrow, as I'm baking them for a Paris-themed party for a friend at work. Have merci! (See what I did there...?)

So until next time, cheers!

1 comment:

Mom E said...

ahhhhhhhhhhh I still have my pink caboodle under the sink with some makeup stuff tho I too spring cleaned out lots!