Thursday, June 19, 2014

Fun New Kitchen Accessory

I came across something in Kitchen Kapers like a year ago and have been wishy washy about it since then. Then recently, in all places, the proverbial light bulb went off while I was in Starbucks one morning getting coffee.

The item was this little ceramic base that you can use to hold any plate and turn it into a cake stand! While I was on line in Starbucks, someone ahead of me bought the last croissant or whatever, and the barista lifted up the empty plate, and there waiting underneath it was a base like the one linked above. At that moment, like angelsong, I was like, "I NEED THAT IN MY LIFE!" I have a vintage-style glass domed cake stand and a pretty, ceramic floral one from my mom, but this would let me use any one of the plates I already own--so I'd get a huge number of looks plus I'd be adding a third raised food server to my collection, which is always good when trying to preserve table space for, you know, eating.


So with this one basic, neutral piece, I quickly mocked up a few different looks:


Even our everyday Fiestaware plates look elegant when elevated.





And as if I didn't already have a problem with accumulating dishes, I now see a realm for lovely bowls...someone help me. Seriously.

This will be the most beautiful guacamole server in the land!
 From my kitchen to yours, good night! (That reminds me...I've got a corn bread to bake.)


2 comments:

Unknown said...

The possibilities are endless!

Mom E said...

I may have to get one of these gadgets myself!