Sunday, December 27, 2009

2009 Draws to a Close

Well, it was another wonderful Christmas, and I'm so thankful for the things we were able to give to our families as well as grateful for the thoughtful gifts we received from them. Among other things, we have a near-fully furnished kitchen thanks to John's family. I have all new pots and pans, a tea kettle, and a coffee pot from the Paula Deen collection! Finally, a totally non-stick cooking set! John got me a beautiful sweater, earrings, and a CD I've been craving. I got him some books, a movie, a calendar for work, and a flat screen monitor for his computer. From my family we got gift cards to restaurants, clothes, books and movies. Also, as an engagement gift from John's aunt and uncle we got a cake serving set to use at our wedding. : ) Hooray!

Hammy made out pretty darn good, too! We bought him a new feather fishing pole toy since his old one had like one feather left and it was just sad. He also got a pack of jingly balls and mice from John's sister, as well as two fishing pole toys, one with ribbons (which he is currently obsessed with!) and one with feathers that we'll probably use once he destroys his other feather game. This Thursday is his second birthday, too! I can't believe we've had him for over a year, and that he'll be two already. Oh that kitten. : )

The kitchen sets remain in their boxes, though, cuz I figure since we're moving next month (actually, in about three weeks--gulp!), I'll just unpack them then and get rid of the hand-me-downs we've been using for the last year-plus. Yes, folks we're moving! We'll still be in B-town, but in a new complex about a half mile down the road we're currently on. We'll have hardwood floors, two bedrooms, cheaper rent, and better utility access, namely laundry! It'll be great, and I we're very eager to get settled in there. I'm not really looking forward to packing everything up, but we'll also be getting a rather large storage unit in the basement there, so we can declutter the living space by having an actual home office as well as putting things unnecessary for daily life in the storage unit. Score! If anyone needs our new address, let me know and I'll get it to you.

So hopefully there are good things ahead in 2010 for the Riggi-Egan clan. I can't wait to watch Hammy explore our new home, and I'm hoping the fresh start will keep the good karma flowing.

Until next time, I hope the remainder of 2009 is kind to you. Cheers!

No comments: