Sunday, December 20, 2009

The Great Blizzard of 2009!

Lots of coverage of Bordentown's big blizzard! I asked for it, and I sure got it! I love every inch of it. It's been a long time since we've had any sort of real snowstorm, and Saturday's totals were more than all of last winter combined for the area! Now that's what I call a good snow day.

John begins shoveling a path as the snow tapers off Saturday night.

Pretty streetlight with icicles and falling snow.

Giant mound from the snowplow's multiple sweeps of the parking lot!


We also introduced Hammy to the snow. Since I don't have a harness and leash for him yet, we brought some snow inside and let him explore.






We finally ventured out this morning to begin excavations and see what total damage was wrought...

Snow-capped recycling bins.



John: King of the Mountain!


Badass icicle that fell from the lamp post. I could stake an ice vampire with this!

Our backyard.

The snow packed around my car so tightly that my bumper and license plate got imprinted!


Happy!



Hope you all had a safe, warm, and snowy weekend! Stay tuned for more as Christmas comes ever closer. Dare I say it may be a white one?!??!

No comments: