Saturday, May 1, 2010

Yay!

For those hiding under a rock, or those who have been waiting for this to blast on the weblog, I will be once again gainfully employed as of Monday!

I have been temping in Princeton for the last three weeks, and my first week there I also had an interview at another office on campus, which led to a second interview, which led to an interview with HR and some testing, which led, finally, to an offer for the position on Tuesday afternoon. And I'm still pinching myself.

I have orientation on Monday morning to go over my ample new hire packet and get set up with parking and an ID and all that stuff. Then I'll have a lunch break, then head to my new office to get situated there. This week will probably be pretty intense and overwhelming, but at least I'm coming in at the end of the semester, and will have the summer, when things should be lighter than usual, to get acclimated before diving in full speed in September.

I feel incredibly lucky, and am a little intimidated of going back to work full time for the first time in 6 months. But it's a good intimidation. Mom is coming up tomorrow for shopping, lunch, and exploration. Pics and more stories to come...

Til next time,
Cheers.

No comments: