Sunday, August 14, 2011

Progress


Firstly, I want to extend a humungous thank you to our wonderful friends and family who attended my bridal shower yesterday. It was a wonderful surprise full of good times, good food, and people we haven't seen in a while. Even the weather held out--it was mercifully overcast, and didn't start to rain until most of the guests had left. I couldn't have asked for more.

John and our friends packed his car full of goodies, and we trucked it all home safely, if not a little more slowly than usual with all that added weight. Once shuffled inside and piled in the dining room, we kind of stepped back and took it all in. I'm actually still processing it all now, I think. It made it all seem more real: in addition to crafts, there is hard evidence here that a wedding will indeed happen in 80-some days. Whew!

It's been wonderful to receive RSVPs in the mail not only with yesses checked off, but with happy notes jotted in the margin. This has been a long time in the making--John and I are actually "celebrating" our 6.5 year anniversary today. Amazing.

Here are a few pics from the shower. Since I was kind of the guest of honor, I didn't take many, so I'm hoping friends and family will post their pics on Facebook soon. (I also hope they'll exercise discretion and will omit any where I look too awkward!)



In other news of progress, my office is undergoing construction as I get a new desk, new cabinetry, and a new printing and coolating station. New furniture arrives on Tuesday, and I'm hoping most of it will be done before I leave on Wednesday since I'm home on a staycation Thursday and Friday of this week.

Wednesday is Longaberger bingo (an annual tradition where Tara and I have an anxiety attack and fend off the old ladies and housewives), then Tara's visiting here on Friday and Sunday is my first dress fitting--I can't wait to put it on again. It's been 7 months since I bought it, and I'm of course anxious about how it will fit.

In closing for now, here are some pics of my office, pre-reno:



No comments: