Thursday, October 27, 2011

Working On, And This Post Will Be Disorganized

I'm a chronic complainer. It's a problem, and I know a lot of the time I can be extremely negative. Work has been totally kicking my ass lately, and that coupled with the wedding and general home life's demands on my time, I've been very stressed and very complainy. I keep filing away mental notes to be more conscious of when I'm complaining, but in the moment I mainly think I just don't have the energy to care enough to stop myself. Someday maybe I will actually make progress here.

Anyway, just wanted to put it out there for the public void. Any advice from fellow chronic complainers, recovering complainers, or general ideas on the topic?

Next week is fall break here at the U, and most of the students go home, so at least the work portion should lighten up a bit. I plan to spend most of next week getting things in order for when I'm on vacation. I'm currently at work, and a bit sad cuz I'd clearly rather be home, but I'm also grateful cuz it's given me a chance to catch up on all the small stuff that's been backburnered like filing, tidying, and general tidiness tasks. This is my mental mini-break.

Tomorrow night John and I will make one of our last pilgrimages to the reception venue to take care of some last minute business. Then I'll spend most of the weekend getting centerpieces, palce cards, favors, courtesy baskets, and whatever else needs to be there for the reception ready for delivery mid-week next week. Yesterday we went to the county clerk's office to sign and submit out application for the marriage license--boy, did that make it feel real!

Official countown is 9 DAYS. Hot dang!

More to come as we get even closer. Apologies for the higgledy piggledy-ness of this post. I need to upgrade my mental RAM...everything seems to jumble together these days.

Namaste,

No comments: