Saturday, March 24, 2012

And may the odds...

...be ever in your favor.




John and I met Jeanette and Dianna for breakfast this morning, then we headed to the theater to finally watch The Hunger Games played out on the big screen. Because breakfast didn't take nearly as long as we expected, we got to the theater 2 hours early, and camped out in line on the floor for an hour until then let us in. We were, appropriately, in the crowd watching the movie in theater 12. : ) Awesome.

I won't go into a dissection of the movie versus the book because I'm too lazy, but I will simply say that I did enjoy it, and I think they handled it very well for the most part. I was also correct in thinking I would A) always love the book more and B) be slightly disappointed in a few of the adaptations. I'm looking forward to seeing it again, as I'm sure there was plenty that I missed in my general excitement at the day finally being here. Eagerly anticipating the release of Catching Fire next fall!

Also, as I'm still feeling lazy, I will come back next week sometime to tell you all about our trip to Ireland this October! It'll be a few weeks early, but we're translating paper as first anniversary gift to mean plane tickets, and we're hopping the pond to the land of Blarney and banshees.

Until then...

No comments: