Saturday, January 10, 2009

Week's End

So first things first. My back is okay. It started healing up on its own, so the doc didn't prescribe anything (which made me happy cuz I'm not all about getting med-ed up). He was a doctor of osteopathy, which was AWE-SOME! He did some adjustments on my back, and I was basically ready to sign up for daily appointments. I just need to keep up with what I've been doing: heat and stretching. That I can do. And I am feeling much better. This week it's been more of a dull ache than the blinding pain it had been, so I take that as a good sign.

In more fun news, John and I went to my company's first basketball game of the season this Thursday night. It was at The Hun School (really...go and gawk...this place exists!), which was kinda ridiculous to get to. Mainly cuz I didn't realize that "Pavillion" in rich-WASP speak meant "gymnasium." Let me just highlight this nugget:

Cost and Financial Aid:
Day student: $28,390
Resident student: $41,265


And it's a middle/high school: delicious. The game was a barrel of monkeys, and I can't wait till the next one. Three of my friends from my department are on the team, and the rest are faces I only know from passing them in the building. And let me say, for not practicing together, they did a pretty good job. We lost by one point, and it was pretty much a give-and-take game the whole way.

WIN OF THE GAME: A member of the opposing team got ejected for too many fouls, and this guy was arguing with the ref. And then, it happened: the ref said, "You don't like it? I don't care! You're not gonna win anyway!!" Awesome!






So tonight, John and I will go to Donna and Rachel's for a taco fiesta...YUM! And tomorrow we have a Tastefully Simple party at my mom's. A weekend of delicious food.

For now, I'm going to relax with last night's Num3ers free OnDemand. Thank you CBS and Comcast. : ) Ta!

2 comments:

ash said...

Maureen, you are so awesome! Whenever I read your blog I think about how it would be so great to teach the kids some American expressions. Like "this nugget" or "barrel of monkeys." It's awesome!

I'm glad you're back is feeling better too. And I was so happy to talk to you at the Taco Party!

ash said...

PS I'm leaving another comment cause I really really like to see what the next kaptcha (sp?) is gonna look like. They always seem like real words, but so not.