Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy 2009!

Hope the 08 was kind to you all, and I hope the 09 is even kinder.

At the moment, we are roasting a nice 13 pound turkey while a nice loaf of beer bread cools...it smells rather amazing. We used a Sam Adams Fezziwig in the bread...nom!

Other than that, I'm in pain. Classic me...a month or so ago when we were decorating for Xmas, I strained my back. Then a few days later, forgetting we had just bought a new 40-pound tub of kitty litter, I went to grab the tub, pivoted my upper body at the exact time I grabbed the handle and lifted, and basically felt the muscles across my lower back rip to shreds. It's at the point now where seeing a doctor is inevitable as driving is very painful, and sitting in my crappy chair at work for 8-9 hours a day is just plain excrutiating. Ugh. Go, me.

Despite it all, I'm hoping 2009 will shape up to be a good one. Last night we went with Donna and Rachel to a fiesta. It was a nice, relaxed time. Even when the power went out (how's about them winds?!), we all just kinda chilled with candles and tap lights. We actually left before midnight, and were home in time to watch the Clintons trigger the ball at midnight. Then we watched Kathy Griffen. Start the new year laughing...what better way can you think of?

No comments: