Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!

So John and I had a fantabulous date in NYC on Saturday. It was not only Valentine's Day, but also our 4-year (wow!) anniversary.



We first saw the new revival of Guys and Dolls...about which I was SUPER excited because Lauren Graham (of Gilmore Girls) is playing Adelaide. Awe-some! Needless to say, the play was amazing, and I'd totally see it again! Our seats were great, too...orchestra section, off to the right. I was just about shaking with excitement when the lights flashed the 5-minute warning. Oh, I guess I should mention it played (and is playing) at the Nederlander Theatre on 41st Sreet.


After that, we had an incredibly delicious dinner at Victor's Cafe. There was a special couples' menu for V-Day, and John and I both had a mixed greens salad that also had pear slices and a hunk o' beautiful cheese. My entree was crab-stuffed tilapia, and John had grilled chicken topped with cilantro, tomato, avocado, mango, and lots of other goodness. Both dishes came with a pile of rice and there was a dish of black beans for us to add as we pleased. Then dessert was a platter of three mini-sized desserts: a warm fruit cobbler/tart, a chocolate lava bonbon, and a flan. Everything was th eperfect size. I was happily full afterward, without feeling like I would derail the train if we took a sharp turn. haha Also, as an extra surprise, John had a big vase of gerber daisies delivered to the restaraunt, so when we sat down, there they were, smiling at me. My man delivered. : )

It really was a great day, and it was nice to have an extended weekend with President's Day off.

So that's all for now. This Friday, John and I will check out a local Nissan dealer to window shop for my Versa. Hopefully I'll be ready to buy in two or three weeks.

: )




No comments: