Saturday, February 28, 2009

Holy Cow

I just bought a new car. I. Just bought. A new. Car.
Something I never thought I'd be able to afford, and something I now I hope I can continue to maintain...any sort of investment is risky in this economy, but I bit the bullet, I feel good about it, I had been planning for months for this, and all I--anyone--can do these days is to just hope for the best.
So economic uncertainty aside, I am SO EXCITED about the car. A 2009 Nissan Versa...tres chic! I'm tentatively naming her Victoria. She's a classy broad. : )
Before I get to pics of that, though, I have to share some pics from my company's pep rally before this week's basketball game. I led a cheer squad (I know...I'm the first to acknowledge the irony), and it was just a silly, fun, time. We lost the game, but it was thisclose to being a tie in the very last second (AKA we scored, but the ref wouldn't give it to us!). And this was the first game that a bunch of my coworkers came to, so it was really fun, and it was a really close and exciting game the whole time.


Goooooo, Navigant!


Okay, now I'll post pics of the car, since I know that's what you're all interested in. haha








It's such a nice change from my beloved Cavalier. The ride is so much smoother, and it's both exciting and overwhelming to have so many modern conveniences. Power windows and locks? Tilt steering? Alarm system? WHAT? haha So many buttons and gizmos compared to my very simple setup in the ol' Chevy. It'll take a while to get used to, but I absolutely love it.
As for now, I'm gonna have lunch, maybe nap (I'm still trying to kick this monster cold out of my system), and then see where the afternoon takes me. Tomorrow John and I will go to my parents', drop off the Cavalier so they can have it, then go to the Adventure Aquarium so John can have his anniversary gift: preparing food for and feeding the sharks in the main exhibit! Yay!
Definitely stay tuned for pics and stories about that. Maybe John will actually pop on here and write about it himself. ::wink wink nudge nudge:: : )
Peace.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Hi,

I'm actually looking into getting a new car too & I like the Nisan Versa. Were you able to get a good deal on yours??

--Amanda

Maureen said...

The Versa is a really great value for its size and model class. I'm very happy with the deal I got on mine.