Monday, March 2, 2009

Random Rant: Commercials

I now have supporters of my theory on the Glade spokeswoman (same woman, different house in every commercial...and she's ALWAYS overdressed! Why does she wear that black dress that has the Glah-day sticker on her butt when her friends come over in jeans and tee shirts?). Maybe I can gather a few supporters on this annoyance, too.

Does anyone else think the Campbell's Soup Casserole commercials are a little over-the-top? Remember the simple days, Campbell's? What happened to opening a can and saying it's "Mmm Mmm Good!" Now we have a monstrosity of a sentence/jingle that insists on listing just about every ingredient in said casserole...it started innocently enough. "Campbell's green bean casserole...possibilities." (You know you just sang it. And I hope you did...it'll help make my case stronger.)

The most recent incarnation of casserole goes a little something like this: "Campbell's cheesy chicken and green bean casserole...possibilities." I'm pretty sure they list a few more ingredients, too, cuz what it sounds like to my ears is "Campbell's cheesy chicken and green bean casserole with some carrots and crunchy things on top and oh yeh this has no MSG so suck it Progresso and did we mention the garlic and parsley seasoning whoops our alloted time for this jingle is up...possibilities."

What is next?! Stop reading me ingredients, lay off the green beans, and go back to tomato soup with Goldfish or cheddar cheese added by happy little kids. Seriously.

2 comments:

Knifeboy said...

I don't think the Campbell's Soup commercials are over the top. I think they are just plain annoying. I can't stand the voice of the woman who sings them. Grrr.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Knifeboy and you, Maureen. Those commercials are annoying after 2 times. I hope they change them into something less annoying.