Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mini Post/Swoon

Please excuse my near monthlong absence. But here I am, alive and well.


Even though lots of things have been going on, I feel like I've got nothing to say. So maybe I'll first talk about (gasp!) the new Star Trek movie, which was rather effing amazing. Now, I'm not a Trekkie by any stretch. My association with show is basically this: I know the cliches like Beam me up; Live long and prosper; and the major characters. My interest was piqued, however, as soon as I heard Zachary Quinto would be playing Spock. Let me just say my ears got a little pointier at the prospect. John was immediately excited (he loves him some USS Enterprise), and I said I'd gladly tag along to see it (insert alterior motive here). All that said, I thought it was a FANtastic action movie. You didn't need a well-versed background to follow the plot (you just miss out on the inside jokes and references). We saw it in IMAX on opening night, which made it that much cooler. It was not only visually awesome, but the wit was great--I was cracking up at the often dry humor of the characters. And, yes...Mr. Quinto was just a dream. I later learned that he was coached by Leonard Nimoy while filming, a luxury none of the other actors had unless I am mistaken. So you must all go see it, even if it's only to drool over the sexy cast, whomever your Trekker of choice may be.


Also, I'm excited to go to the Philadelphia Zoo on May 30! I've been wanting to go since last fall, but we literally kept forgetting to plan it. So now we have a date and it's on the calendar, so no excuses!


Later this month, too, I will start playing softball on my company's team! Pictures and medical bills to come, I'm sure. haha I think that's all for now! See you all next time!

No comments: