Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Navigant Softball Season starts 1-0!

Yes! We won our first softball game today, 9-8! Wahoo! I, of course, was up at bat on the final out every time, but at least I got a hit each time (even if it was a foul, a foul, and a grounder). I made it to first on the grounder, but sadly the ball beat me to the base. But hey, I touched 1st! haha Next week maybe I'll make it to 2nd.

So, yes. It was a lot of fun--most of my friends are on the team--and the weather was kind to us...not too hot, sunny, and clouds and a cool breeze rolled in toward the end. Here are some pics from game 1 (photography courtesy of John):
Throwing practice with Kevin, out of frame.






Sports card pose! haha Too bad I suck at batting. I think this was my first up. Upon which two balls were thrown and I was out already...who knew you only get 2 strikes in softball? Hmph.
Whoo hoo...on my way to first...bah! Grounded out. I'll get em next time.


Also, please enjoy this ridiculously acrobatic squirrel from Veteran's Park on Monday afternoon:

Till next time...

2 comments:

angmom said...

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A WIN for OUR TEAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
you go girl! Is that the T shirt you had or is it a new team shirt? What position did you play? Glad no injuries! LOL! I shall have to see to catch a game some night, Wed at 6 right? Where?

angmom said...

ok you need to update this with news of the last 2 games, even tho it may not be as good as the news from this first game!