Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Storybook Land was a Bust/Easter/Hamlet will Save the World

So much to cover! First I wanna plug the Stockpot reading tomorrow night: 7PM, TRLC, Stockton campus. I'll be there. : ) The editor emailed me and asked if I had anything current I could submit. I did, and got one poem accepted, so I get to read tomorrow evening at the launch party. From what I've seen, the cover art is quite amazing, and I can't wait to read what the creative writers are up to these days. I've been kinda a slacker this National Poetry Month, but I have managed to keep up with my poem-a-week goal, even though some have been silly frivoulous poems for sheer laughs that I won't pursue further. But hey, I'm writing and I'm thinking. Last night, though, was a poetry win! I FINALLY wrote a poem that had been rattling in my head for months. You know when you get an opening or closing line that pops in there in a flash of sheer inspiration? Then you know how you have to sit and wait for the poem to form around it? Yeh, that had been me for a looooong time. I'm excited to have a new piece with which to be consumed. And I'm sure being among fellow writers tomorrow will help fan the fire of the writer in me. I'm sure I'll have a post about the reading later this week!

And sadly, Becky, Lisa, and I trekked to the faraway kingdom of Storybook Land, only to find it was closed. I mean, it WAS pouring, so we wouldn't have enjoyed ourselves anyway, but still. Bummer! We're gonna plan a redeux for some weekend next month. For I shall ride and conquer Bubbles the Dragon once again! Instead, we went to the mall, the played with bubbles in the parking lot of Stockton.
Easter was nice. John and I colored eggs and made up little baskets of goodies (aka tooth-rotting candy! : ) ) for each other. We also got Hammy some cat grass as his edible basket, but he was mainly confused by the mixed message it conveyed: wait, you tells me I can't eat your plants, then you shove this in my mouth? What is going ON? Needless to say, the grass died, uneaten, and we threw it away.





Lastly, tonight as I was folding laundry, Hammy, as is his custom, followed me into the bedroom, hopped up on the bed and started sniffing my clothes. I grabbed a nice, warm tee shirt and wrapped it around him. He purred so happily and lay down. Then I decided to make him a cape. What followed was Super Hamlet! Behold the newest super hero, with the power to heal the most broken of hearts, and to defeat his greatest foe, the bad mood.

No comments: