Sunday, June 14, 2009

It's almost mid-June.

Sorry it's been so long (again). The last few weeks have been a whirlwind, and they probably won't calm down until after next weekend.

1. In exciting news, John and I have been helping Donna and Rachel get their new house ready for moving in, which they did officially as of yesterday! Last weekend was a painting bonanza and this weekend was the bog move. I can't wait to see it finished and with everything in its place, and I can't wait to see how they'll make it feel more like home. I must say, though, it made me grateful that John and I are settled and not going anywhere for a while. haha

2. This Friday is my brother's high school graduation (holy crap!), Saturday is a college grad party for my two best friends from high school, and then Sunday is Father's Day...lots of shopping is in my near future. haha I feel like I haven't stopped shopping since Christmas.

3. In non-sequitor news, if you know me, you know how much I love bad cinema. Currently we are enjoying a little SciFi Channel flick called, When Good Ghouls Go Bad. I love terrbile scripts acted out by terrible actors with terrible special effects and soundtracks. And I don't know how Christopher Lloyd got roped into this mess, but I say YES and PLEASE! Ah, no better way to spend a lazy afternoon, I say. : )

4. Sadly I don't have any good news on the softball front...we lost our second game 15-4, and I'm blaming the wet field, as it had been pouring rain all day. Plus that team clearly got together and practiced like three times a week. I guess I should just be glad we didn't have to forfeit--at game time we were still one player short of a full team. John pinched as catcher for a pitch or two until two more people showed up. And then the creaming began. This past week was much better, but we still lost, 6-5. At least the gap was much smaller, and John has joined the team officially so now we have one more garaunteed player since we carpool on game days anyway.

Well I think that's all for now...it's lunch time and I'm rather hungry. Hopefully more to come soon!

No comments: