Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Checking In

And the season of crafting begins!

The semester is finished at Princeton, and summer is in full swing--well, as fully as it can swing at the beginning of June. We're on our summer hours, the students are gone, and vacations are beginning. It's like we can all finally breathe.

It's getting hot, which is another sign summer is coming. Hammy is getting lazy, and has taken to sprawling out on cool surfaces. I feel bad for him in the heat...he's so floofy! But he still loves all the snuggles he can get.

Wedding plans are chugging along, and it's now getting down to the details. We just picked up the beginnings of our centerpieces. We're starting to think about music for the reception, having settled on a DJ. I need to make my first fitting appointment soon, and I seriously need to up the ante on my search for shoes. It's suddenly starting to feel like crunch time for real--we're now less than 5 months away! Eeep!

I'm also proud to announce that I'm writing this on my new laptop! After suffering a dying processor for more than a year, I finally shopped around and landed this beauty. It's so wonderful when things work as they're supposed to. : ) It's especially nice to use a laptop when it's hot out and not have it overheating and burning your thighs through your jeans!

So that's all for now, I think. Just checking in as I settle into summer.

Until the next update...

PS: I also recently got a new camera, but was waiting to get the new computer before loading the software, so I promise to have some pics up here soon...I have much to post!

No comments: