Sunday, January 19, 2014

Italian Jam Crostada

I have been drooling over this recipe for weeks. I found it over on Bake or Break, one of my daily-check baking sites. The simplicity of the recipe and the potential for infinite fillings spoke to my soul. Like a thumbprint or linzer tart, the possibilities are really endless.

Shortbread crust. Delicious jam of your choice. Topped with more shortbread dough and sliced almonds? How could you go wrong?

Here's 12 Tbsp of Kerry Gold butter, cubed and softened with some sugar, ready to get creamed.



Then you add the usual suspects to make a dough and press it into the bottom of a springform. Aww yeh.

PS: See those flecks? Vanilla bean specks from my boss as hell vanilla paste.

Top it with stuff.



Bake it up, try to contain your drool.



Let it cool, remove the sides. Slice it. Eat it. Lather, rinse, repeat it...




Oh my gosh, guys...amazing. Sometimes the most delicious recipes are born of the simplest ingredients, and this is a case in point. The end.

PS: it's a butter (read: no raw eggs). Eat the extra shortbread and have no shame. I don't.


No comments: