Friday, December 26, 2008

Some Merry Pictures


And now I offer you a merry Post-Christmas. Hope yours was merry and bright!

John and I started the day around 8 with a breakfast of scrambled eggs and cinnamon buns. Then we gave Hammy his presents. By Wednesday night he was feeling pretty much back to his old self, so he was able to enjoy his new toys very much! He absolutely goes bonkers for his new fishing pole game, which has feathers, crinkly strips, and a sparkly ball on the end. We gave that to him first, so he basically wanted nothing to do with his laser pointer, knit mousy, or catnip mice. haha Later, though, he was able to check everything out.






Iz okay, guys...
dinner's on me.











Here, Hamlet checks out his new fishing game...I especially love when he stands like a human. Oh so cute!



Aside from Kitten, we hoomins had a very nice holiday, too. I gave John an MP3 player, a movie, and a handful of little stocking stuffers. MAYBE he'll pop on later and write about it. MAYBE... As for me, I got two movies and this:




Always a good sign!












Ta daaaa!







After gifts here, we watched the Disney parade and then went our respective ways. I got some pretty sweet loot from the rents, too! And Mom, Dad, and Kev seemed to like their presents, so everyone was happy. Then I went and visited Tara for a bit, which is always a treat. : ) We stared at Sangha and tried to lure himout from under the tree with gifts of shoelaces, but he was having none of our games. He did come out long enough to be straddled and forced into a Santa hat and beard...amazing. Simply amazing! You'll have to see Tara's blog for those pics, though. (Stay tuned!) You can imagine that after that he was completely humiliated, and so he squished his not-so-little body sa far back under the tree as he could, and there he remained. God, I love that kitty! We're in the process of arranging a kitty playdate between Hamlet and cousin Sangha...that will be pure magic! I've obvioulsy only seen Hamlet interact with other cats by way of mewing in the shelter, and I don't know that Sangha has ever had real contact with any other four-legged creatures. So it'll be an interesting experiment if nothing else!


And I don't have any pics from Xmas Eve in Edison, but we got spoiled there, too, with presents, good food, and lots of laughs (as always). I was so glad to finally be part of the Xmas Eve fiesta. It was just nice to relax with everyone. Now to start planning our New Year's Eve!


I will leave you with this, Hamlet's very first interaction with Thing in a Bag, his present from dear Aunt Tara...


No comments: