Wednesday, April 1, 2009

In Sad Infomercial News...

What's more annoying than the ShamWow guy?



The ShamWow guy selling a veggie chopper. That's right. The Slap Chop. Now they're giving him sharp objects? Hm...



I just don't see the necessity of the Britney Spears microphone. And please visit the SlapChop website (linked above) for a picture sure to give you nightmares until after you're dead.

If that's irritating, what's next is terrifying. Piggybacking on my last blog on the ridiculousness of modern reality TV, how can we neglect our favorite pitch man, Billy Mayes? Ah, where would we be without being screamed at about Oxi Clean, Mighty Putty, the Hercules Hook, and whatever other dog and pony crap is being peddled? Well, the Discovery Channel asked just that. "Hey, executives. How can we bring down the value of our usually awesome programming? I mean, we're kinda big on reality. There's that guy we drop in the middle of nowhere then laugh while he almost dies, the guys who blow stuff up, and that guy who's always covered in poo. What's the next step?" Well, apparently that step is jumping on the craze started by elimination shows because coming soon to a Discovery Channel near you is...Pitch Men, hosted by none other than Billy Mayes. The resident laryngitis' dream will attempt to find someone to out-shout and out-irritate television viewers. Think I'm making this up? Behold:



What is happening?!

6 comments:

Krissy said...

What's even sadder is that I think I might watch just to find out why that guy is banging on his hand with a hammer.

Don't you miss the simpler days when we would troll the computers for whatever some idiot left there?

*sigh*

donna said...

I love Vince! I find him and his headset hilarious. I love his nuts. I was so happy to see his attempts to take down the Mayes empire.

I think he's so over the top it's ridiculous. And he prob. knows he's funny. I also heard he's an ex-scientologist. Which would make me like him more.

Anonymous said...

um .....take off of pampered chef chopper you love. i love it too, do you have it?????????????

Amanda said...

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/Technology/ShamWow+arrested+after+hotel+fight+with+woman+Smoking/1436935/story.html

Apparently the ShamWow guy also likes to hit prostitutes...

Knifeboy said...

Awww, I like the Sham Wow guy. He's too corny! I think he has an eye problem, though.

Maureen said...

haha Thanks for the great feedback, guys.