Thursday, April 2, 2009

Insight into Life with Hamlet: First Ear Infection

So after a week or so of watching Hammy fixate on his right ear, I decided it was time to visit the vet to see if my suspicion of an ear infection was founded. Alas it was, and not only an ear infection, but a double ear infection. Delightful. So $160, a cleaner, medicine, and some flea and tick meds later, we came home to attempt to get the cleaner (twice a week) and meds (twice daily) into my sick little kitten. Luckily John and I kinda got a routine down after we needed to give him oral antibiotics and pain meds after his declaw surgery. Basically, we chase him around and then wrap him in a towel like a little purrito, as below. Tara inspired me to take a pic when she said he must just look adorable all bundled up. Adorable? Yes. Defeated and now publicly humiliated? Also yes. But hey, he's a cat, and can't read, and doesn't care about the internet. So here you go. Dr. Maureen presents:


No comments: