Thursday, June 25, 2009

Hammy Recouperates

Well, it's been more than 24 hours now, and Hamlet seems to be bouncing back. We gave him dinner around 8:30 (we had to wait at least 2 hours after getting him home) and he SCARFED it. He hadn't eaten since dinner the night before, so I imagine his tummy was rather empty.

Just look at this face!




I think Tara's description of him as a drunken sailor was pretty accurate. Apparently he was all wet from the dental cleaning--like people, water and stuff sprays all over the place--and so his fur was sticking up like he had lots of cowlicks. He started to socialize a bit around 9:00 and let me brush him around 10, so at least he started looking a little less like Oliver Twist. haha

I must say that since he was still getting medicine out of his system, I slept VERY well since he was quiet and didn't start yelling at at 5:30 AM for his food like he usually does. Ah, sweet sleep.

So I came home today to a much better kitten. He's still bouncing back to his usual self but his personality is definitely coming back. I took the bandage off his back leg where the IV was and so now he's free as a bird. And for those of you wondering what his bald patches look like, please enjoy my still somewhat under-the-weather kitten:


Not enjoying the camera's flash one bit...



"MUH-OM! This is just embarassing! How undignified."

Like I said, the real show was yesterday but since they did an eye exam as part of the comprehensive, his pupils were still huge and I didn't dare use a flash around him. Plus, he looked so pathetic I couldn't publish that.

Well that's all for this installment. : )

Toodles.

No comments: