Sunday, June 28, 2009

Maureen and Tara: Hairbrained Idea #????

So firstly, John and I went to roller derby Saturday night with Donna to see the Penn Jersey She Devils' Dishonor Roll, and, as expected, we obviously want to join! haha Now accepting ideas for my own derby name/alter ego. I've got a few up my sleeve, not all of them family-friendly. It was fun, mildly violent, and entertaining. If you've got an evening, a few bucks, and are in the Marlton area, do check it out. : )

Today, I went to the 'Ville and spent the day with Tara. We went to Olive Garden for lunch and then spent like 10 hours wandering Target. But I must say the sole purpose of this particular post is share with you:

1. A shameful act
2. Laughter
3. The launch of Tara's and my new business endeavor with 0% of fail, and 100% chance of bringing us riches beyond our wildest dreams!

So, in the order outlined above, I present:

1. Tara...bought...a two-pack...of Shamwow!
2. So we had to try them out when we got back to her place. We did poor and giggly recreations of two of the tests you see in the infomercial:

3. Tara brilliantly observed that we should author a weblog performing consumer reviews. We find the latest wonder product, test it, post a video where we try some of the things in the ad, and then write a review of how the real deal compares to the hype.

In related news, WHAT THE CRAP WITH BILLY MAYES?!?!?! Did anyone see that coming? I'd like to say it's sad that I'm more shocked by his death than by Michael Jackson's (and yes, some of you will turn on me...), but it's just the truth.

That's all for now, I believe. Next softball game is tomorrow night, and it looks like my parents will be coming up to watch! Hopefully I'll have good news to report following the game. Fingers crossed!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Comment 1: Those are two sexy broads (or at least body parts of two sexy broads) doing those consumer tests. I say they should totally make a living off this.

Comment 2: I'm trying to have some sympathy for the big Michael Jackson fans out there, but the whole dangling-the-baby and possible-child-molester thing kinda interferes with that. Also, what about Farrah Fawcett? Some people think she was pretty important and rectal cancer does not seem a good way to go.

Comment 3: So I was watching the news this morning and Fox said that it's possible Billy Mayes died of a concussion. Apparently, he was on a plane that made an emergency landing and some luggage fell on his head. So, similar to Liam Neeson's wife, he went home, told his wife he was fine but had a little headache, and went off to sleep...and never woke up. Also not a good way to go. God, imagine going down in history as the loud-mouthed infomercial guy who died from a concussion! It's sad, though - the news interviewed him right after he got off that plane and he was not the loud, obnoxious man I thought he was. He seemed kinda nice actually...

That's all for now.

t.

P.S. - My verification word for posting this comment is as follows: "weedoggi." What do you think it could mean???