Thursday, March 14, 2013

Run for your life, if you can, little girl...

In addition to lots of new tacklings in cooking and baking, I've taken on running as well. Over the last year, I've casually run a mile here and there. Then I got the JogTracker app on my Android phone. I was pleased as punch to see my iPhone 5 came with the Nike running app already built in! It's pretty awesome.

This weekend, I will run my first 5K, and I'm really jazzed. I ran the course on Monday to get a feel for pacing and whatnot, and I bested the low-end of the time I allotted myself by 3 minutes, meaning I was 13 minutes below the high end. Major score!

So anywho, stay tuned for a summary and some pics from that. It's forecast to rain, so I'm just hoping the rain holds off until the afternoon. I just want my first race experience to be a good one. I got new gear, but will likely have to grab some more...some weatherproof stuff. Ugh.

So now I have two outlets. I run after getting home, which is a brilliant way to shake off a stressful day and just unplug from life in general. That plus baking makes me a happy, sane woman. And of course my amazing husband and theraputically adorable cat.

Until next time,
peace out

No comments: