Thursday, September 26, 2013

Just to be clear: Laterposts

I mentioned this here when I put it on blast that we have found, bought, and will be moving into our first home. Don't be confused by the "Laterpost" series I just blurbed--those are posts I wrote while we were searching because I felt it was important to document the step-by-step, and how we felt along the way.

I also wanted to capture a non-HGTV snapshot of what it feels like to buy a house if you're a real person who can't afford heated hardwoods, granite countertops, and a heated marble bathroom floor with golden shower tiles.

Hopefully you'll enjoy reading about our hunt to find The One, and I can't wait to get back on here with photos and chronicles of our moving process. I hope to post a farewell entry to our apartment where we went from engaged to married, as well as the whole getting-started process on the house.

Ironically, NONE of the houses mentioned here are the one we ended up with! Maybe I felt I had jinxed the others, or maybe life just took off at breakneck speed as we moved further and further along the process, but I didn't write at all about our soon-to-be-house. Riddle me that.

I'm trying to think of a name. We always refer to the apartment as Casa Riggi, but I want to NAME the house--you know, like Skyfall, or Shadow Pond, or Button Cottage. So I'm working on that. I have a frontrunner in mind, but not sure if it's juuuust right. It's like naming a car...I need to live with it for a while and see what personality it has.

And with that, until next time...

No comments: