Monday, November 3, 2008

Hamlet's First Vet Visit

This morning I took Hammy to the vet for his first visit. He was good boy! He didn't cry in the car this time, but still hates being carried in his carrier, so there was a lot of crying then. But he was a sweetheart and melted everyone at Banfield. My little lynxface. : )

He wasn't able to get any vaccinations or schedule his declaw (mandated by the apartment contract), though, cuz he has a cold! Oh noes! (Speaking of, I have a Cheezburger pic for you.) He caught it most certainly from the shelter, where lots of kittehs were coughing and sneezing. Other than that, though, he is a perfectly healthy little guy. Of course his least favorite part of the checkup was getting his temperature taken (cue Cheezburger saying, "Thermometer goes WHERE?!").




The trauma of the vet plus a very active night and morning of playing with his toys resulted in a tuckered-out kitty...he slept for like four hours this afternoon. And he seemed a little cold, so I wrapped him up all snug in my sweater.

Sleepy sick kitty, dozing with my sweater.


In other non-feline news (in case you were wondering if this has just become a kitty-centric blog), John and I will go over Donna and Rachel's tomorrow for an election night party! I'll make my famous double-layer pumpkin pie...NOM! And we bought pumpkin ice cream, too, to enjoy here at our place...mmm, I will be on the best kind of overload possible. Yes, food shopping tonight was our first test of leaving Hamlet home alone. Everything was still in one piece when we got home (most likely cuz he slept the whole time), so he was a very good boy. He even ate his antibiotic willingly with his dinner tonight. And thank God, cuz I did not want to have to jam it down his throat myself. See there...back to kitty centric. I can't help myself!

I'm excited, too, cuz Lisa and Becky are coming to visit this Saturday while John is at home for the weekend. Then I'll head back to my house Sunday for Mom's Longaberger party. Yesterday Mom and I went to Becky's for a Tastefully Simple party, which was freaking awesome cuz the whole thing was food sampling! Sign me up! I ordered some yummy things, too...beer bread mix, a pesto pasta sauce mix, and a spinach dip. Can't wait to get them and eat them!

::time lapse:: Just got off the phone with my far-flung godmother! Yay! I like when she surprises me with a phone call on her way home from work. This one was to check in on me, my new job, and the animals! Oh, it makes me think of how fun that week in Vegas was. I look forward to the next trip.

Well that's all. Jon and Kate Plus 8 is on in half an hour, and that pumpkin ice cream is calling my name! Nighty night.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry your kitty is sick :( Maybe this will cheer you (and him) up - http://bringingdownthelist.blogspot.com/

t.

Anonymous said...

loved that i made your blog!!!! Enjoying reading it and see pics of your new, happy life. love ya
Thanks for the directions, hope it works