Monday, November 10, 2008

Last Week Before Employment

So this is my last Monday to enjoy being a stay-at-home cat mom. Sad, but also exciting. It'll be a nice change of pace (at first, at least!) to have something to do all day aside from finding things around here to occupy myself. I will miss Hamlet terribly, though. But really...he'll probably just sleep all day. haha And it'll be nice to come home to John after a harrowing fifteen minute drive and have a nice hug. It'll also be nice to have a morning routine together.

In other cat news, Hammy had his last dose of antibiotics today! He hasn't sneezed much at all the last few days, so hopefully he'll get a clean bill of health from the vet on Sunday. Then he can get his vaccinations, and we can schedule his declaw, which will be hard cuz he'll have that when John and I are both at work all day. I'll be a worrywart. As for now, I'm trying to get him to realize he can't stay in the bath tub all day. haha

Anyway, I hope I'll get a paycheck the last week of the month cuz my November bills might just bleed me dry at this point. I had an overage charge on my cell phone...unemployment + homesickness + depression = lots of peak minutes. Oh well. I also hope my office will be closed on major holidays. I mean, it's a basic 9-5 schedule, and they're not open weekends, so I feel like national holidays are given...but I'll see I guess. If I have to work Thanksgiving, though, I'll be a very very sad person. I'm planning on going home to my parents' for Turkey Day (unless they decide to come here), but since John and I will be apart we're planning a mini feast to spend together. I'm all about all the turkey I can get!

I had a very successful shopping trip to Kohl's Saturday. I got some more pieces for my new prefiessional wardrobe. Everything was at least 50%, so I got a mega deal on a handful of sweaters and a pair of black trousers. Sweet!

More to come soon, and sorry to be boring today. Tomorrow should be fun, though. Mom and Dad are coming to visit, and it'll be nice cuz John has off for Veteran's Day. We'll spend some time with kitten, and then have some kind of lunch plans before they head home.

And I just wanna add that I know I'm bad with transitions. Just roll with it. This ain't no essay!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I cannot imagine, either in this universe or any parallel universe, a lawyer (or legal consultant) working on Thanksgiving. You'll have off, I'm sure.

t.