Sunday, October 19, 2008

Halloween Preparations!


It's aliiiiiiiiiiiveeeeeeeeeeeeeee!


Today Mom and (our friend) Jane came to visit for lunch and some Bordentown exploration. Jane brought us a very nice basket of tea, hot chocolate and marshmallows, candles, and two beautiful mugs from Longaberger! Mom brought up some more supplies, which included a pumpkin carving kit, as you can see from the picture over there. : )


Here is a picture of our new table arrangement, with the table runner and leaf decorations that were in the basket from Jane as well.


I don't have much to write today, but I do have lots of and lots of pictures to share!








And now, the making of our pumpkin:




We used a pattern, so don't think we're incredibly artistic or anything. haha But it was still tedious and hard work.


















And now, here it is, proudly displayed on the steps outside our place (and the entire porch smells delicious, in case you were wondering!).

















And a few pics from Mom and Jane's visit:


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so after I brought the owl stencil u decided on the bat. LOL!!!!! It looks great! Will it stay outside or will u bring it in and put it in the window???????????I showed Dad. We had a nice time today, thanx for lunch. Read the Good Housekeeping, love J&K+8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ash said...

I am so jeaaaaalouuuussssss! I want to carve a pumpkin, but it seems to be not so popular here. You know what? F-that. I just decided that I'm going to do it anyway. It's pumpkin time. If I can find one!