Thursday, October 30, 2008

Moo Cat, Part 2

So John called me about an hour ago, and asked if I was ready to be a kitty mommy...cuz the shelter chose us at Moo Cat's new parents!

I will pick him up tomorrow! So John and I will shop tonight to get the rest of the supplies we need so he can be comfortable when he gets home. : )

AND I had a great interview yesterday morning with Navigant Consulting, and a few hours later, I got a call with the job offer!

I like to think this is the beginning of things looking up for me. Two incredibly happy pieces of news in less than 48 hours...awesome.

Stay tuned for pictures. I'm sure there will be a thousand pictures between now and tomorrow. Heh, Moo Cat (who will be renamed Hamlet), will have a Halloween birthday! Don't expect us to dress him up...bringing him to a new environment will be traumatic enough, I'm sure. Anyone with tips on how to make a new kitty comfortable is encouraged to post them in the comments section.

Thanks for all the well-wishing, friends. It seems to have paid off!

2 comments:

Rachel B said...

Yay! Congrats on both parts!

Just a few things to think about:

When I brought my cat home from the shelter, he hid for the first two-three days under whatever he could find: a desk, a bed, a dresser. After a few days, he was so curious about the apartment that he couldn't help but come out.

When you first bring Moo Cat into the apartment, show him where the food bowl and his litter box are before you put him down. Once you've done that, he'll be able to find them on his own again.

Don't be surprised if he cries a lot - especially in the middle of the night - at the beginning.

I'm so excited!

Krissy said...

Everything she said is true. Depending on his personality, he may not enjoy the tour of the apartment but once you show him just once where everything is you can let him loose and he should be fine. Don't expect him to be very happy with you, but he'll get over it once things calm down. The fun part is keeping him from clawing the furniture.

That's why I love cats!