Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Partial Move, Successful!

So this is video I took (of course, complete with my ridiculous narration...which gets more ridiculous in the other videos) of what you would see if you walked into our apartment today.

Moving Day 1 was a great success. We got to B-town a little after 10. Tara and I went to pick up my keys, opened up the place, and Tara and Dad got to feast their eyes on my humble, naked abode. : ) It was, as expected, a striking improvement from the last I saw it. John is on his way there from work as I wrote this (in fact, we're on the phone) to drop off some more stuff and move into his closet. : )

So my anxiety is both sated a little and heightened a little. It's sated because I was finally able to act--see the space, put things in it, get the tons of boxes out of my room and garage!--and I feel more settled now. It's heightened because now it's real: our stuff is there, we'll be there soon enough, too, and the financial responsibility slapped me in the face with a rather heavy hand.

Well, before I get too stressed, I think it's time for another video. This one is of the living room, dining room, and kitchen.

I have to take a minute here to say I love that I can post videos without having to host them somewhere. : ) Happiness. Ugh I am feeling so overwhelmed right now between excitement and sheer terror. But I know things will work out one way or another. And John said I got my first piece of mail! From the DMV regarding my change of address request. Awesome.

Well, one more video before I peace out for now. The next time I write will be Sunday evening, and you'll get photos and videos of the more completed place. And by that I mean with furniture. haha

Namaste--

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK, so here's my first comment - where's the f-ing video with the awesome Ikea pots on which I attached the handles? I worked so hard on them...

Maureen said...

Oh, Tara, your pots will get the red carpet treatment soon enough. I do, after all, need to wash them out before I use them. So just imagine how they'll sparkle on my counter. Photos to follow, of course.