Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Weekend Update

Good Wednesday afternoon to you all! Hope this week finds you well. I figured I couldn't leave such a downer of a post up for too long. Things are still rough for me, but John and I talked through a lot of my stress and anxiety, and I'm feeling a little more able to handle it all. Plus the support from my family and friends is a tremendous help. Thanks for all the comments, too, guys! Keep em coming! It's nice to know this thing is read!


And for those of you who aren't "followers" or registered with your own blog, you can still post comments. Just click on th elink that says "Comments" at the end of each post, and you just need to fill in your name by clicking in the Name/URL button (it can be your real name or an alias...as long as we can identify who's leaving it!), and then type a confirmation word so Blogger know you're not a robot. So chime in if you haven't already! Now, on with the blog!

It's beginning to look a lot like fall around here! Our trees are finally changing color (though they are dropping their leaves much too fast for my liking!), and the pumpkins and candy corn abound. Our neighbors downstairs carved pumpkins this past weekend, and they look fantastic! John and I hope to carve ours this weekend. We're looking for a good place to display it, though.





So this past weekend, John had Monday off for Columbus Day. Though he's been feeling under the weather, we still had a nice time. Saturday we went and started our kitty search. It was a little discouraging, however, because we'd like a kitten or young cat, but in order to have a cat in the apartment, it has to be declawed (mandated by the contract). And with the agencies we've talked with so far, they don't allow declawing (as a part of their contract). So we'll have to look at slightly older kitties who are already declawed. But we still have miles to go before we sleep, and we are determined to find our perfect match. We actually got a nibble on a little fellow named Luther. He's a 4-year old Tuxedo who is with a foster mommy for now, but because her other cats are mean to him, he's forced to live outside on her deck. This poor clawless kitty! But he has UTD, which might mean he'd need more attention than we could give him being away from the house most of the day. Plus I don't know that we could afford the care he needs right now. But we are going to see if we can meet him and will go from there. Rachel also just let us know that a friend of hers will be giving away some
kittens! So maybe our search is looking up.


After that we had a delicious linner at Ruby Tuesday...southwestern spring rolls for an app, then a mini trio of sammiches for me (chicken, burger, and crab cake!) and a bison burger for John. We went food shopping after that which was good cuz we were full so we didn't do any impulse buys, but it also sucked because we were full, so staring at aisle after aisle of food made me want to puke.


Sunday we went to West Windsor and checked out their pumpkin "festival." I say "festival" because it was basically four goats, a crappy banjo band, and a hay ride to the pumpkin patch. I must say, though, that the hay ride was nice and long (if not a little awkward...pics to follow), and
there were not only an abundance of pumpkins to choose but also tons of mini gourds! Needless to say I was in heaven. Until all the hay and grass got to me and I started sneezing my brains out.



So we wound up with three cute gourds (we had to toss one back cuz it was a little rotty underneath...sad) and a nice big pumpkin to carve!






After the farm, we came home and relaxed for a bit, then decided to take advantage of the nice weather some more. We packed a lunch and headed off to Historic Smithville Park so I could show John around. That was our plan for Monday, but I made plans with my high school friends, Dana and Megan, and they were coming to visit us Monday for lunch and good times. So the park was a nice way to burn away a Sunday afternoon. We first wandered around the village and trail behind the village. Then we ate and checked out the floating trail and other half of the lake. There are still paths I haven't been on, so it's exciting that there are still places to explore.

Monday was just a nice day of vegging around the apartment with old friends. A nice cap to a holiday weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What is it with men and bison burgers? I think it makes them feel more manly, maybe? (Sorry, John, but I call 'em like I see 'em.) Alex likes them, too.

Also, I need to point out how the most detail you give about anything is usually about food. I can appreciate that. I like hearing the scrump-dilly-umptious descriptions of linner...