Friday, October 17, 2008

I'm finally in!!!

After much consternation (and being lazy), I can finally post! Although I am not much of a blogger (I have never blogged until now), I think I can make the exception here.

The real big news I have here now is the fact that I have passed and signed for my four month working test period in my job. That means they can't just kick me out the door. I still have to pass my six month and then my annual review (the Big Kahuna) to stay where I am and eventually (most likely) be promoted to my next title. Other than that, I am working smoothly in my department. I haven't sat at my desk in awhile since I have been in training and orientation the past week or so. I guess the department can handle me without my incalculable talents.

In other news, since I have moved I have had my mail forwarded and now sent to here in Bordentown. This has lead to some issues with my father and I. First, the back story. My father and I share the same first and last name (those playing at home and along know that). It is merely our legal and authoritative middle names that separate us (but Maureen can argue I am much like my father many a time, so name alone is a not a difference) So, to the point. I have my mail forwarded with my middle name in the line. But it seems that the wonder workers at the postal service can not see (or do not have the capacity of thought) to differentiate between my father and I. This has happened the second time. And since we have accounts and working relations with certain credit cards, auto companies, etc; this may lead to many headaches.

Other than that, it is the second weekend here for Maureen and I. (Actually third, but that first weekend we moved in, this place was in flux and not even assembled into the beautiful abode it is). Not sure what plans we have, but I am sure an adjoining blog will be added by my other half.

That's all.
End Transmission

1 comment:

Maureen said...

Yay! I'm so glad you're able to post now! No idea what happened the first time we tried to set it up. <3