Friday, October 17, 2008

The Randomness

So once my brain is mush and I can't apply for any more jobs, I usually turn my attention to domestic things...washing dishes, straightening the dining room table, or other things of the like. I wanted to share some of the more random things with you that have gone on in the last 2 days.

One, I have new video. It's not a tour, well...maybe it is. A tour of my inner insanity. I need a stimulating job, and I need it NOW...watch, and you will understand. (Sorry it's dark. I hope you can see it okay.)


Yeh, so that's sad. I know. While I was doing something more productive and less...awkward(washing dishes), I heard a rustle from outside. Now, the back of my apartment faces a pretty steep hill with lots of trees and bramble and other uninviting stuff. Here is what you see out of my kitchen window:


So imagine my surprise when a man emerged as though he was going to G Wing via the Dark Path! He was wearing a tank top and shorts, as though it was completely normal to jog through there. And maybe it is. Maybe I just haven't been here long enough to know.

This is me puttering again. The lovely couch that Marissa gave us from Ikea has a black slipcover. Now, I'm not one to advocate slipcovers, cuz they usually look pretty bad. But this one was specifically made to fit over this specific couch (gotta love those Swedes!). So I was sitting eating lunch today, and was thinking that I love the couch, but I also love NOT getting stains on it (it's white). So I got the slipcover out of the closet and started to put it on. It was also probably the easiest one I have ever maneuvered! When I was putting the one on the leather couch in my reading nook, it was hard to tell top from bottom cuz it's not quite the same size and shape. But this Ikea one is pretty clear cut, and it even Velcros to the bottom so it doesn't shift around! It looks pretty sharp, but I'm not sure about it. I like it cuz it doesn't blend into the carpet and walls anymore. Plus we're having some company this weekend, so it'll be nice to people-proof it. So I'm gonna put a pic of the couch uncovered and uncovered...feedback will be appreciated. : )





Non-Sequitor Alert: I'm watching Ellen, as usual, and Nicole Ritchie is a guest to promote her spot on NBC's Chuck Monday night. So in the clip of the episode, not only is Nicole on the show...but so is...BEN SAVAGE! Talk about culture clash! Had to share.

Well that's about all. More to come, of course.

1 comment:

ash said...

Let's invent fuzzdusters together. We'll be rich!