Wednesday, October 15, 2008

More Adventures, or I Need a GPS




This is me after driving pretty much anywhere in my new metro area.






So since I have been here it has been my MISSION to find a Commerce Bank. Keep in mind I am used to having one three minutes away, just outside my development back home. But here...nothing is easy to get to. Which I like cuz we're removed enough from hustle and bustle. But because Bordentown is old and historic and crap, the roads are a nightmare (and John can either back me up on this or will post a correction) and they can't be changed to make sense. There are a lot of terrifying broken jug handle things and you have to make like 2 Uturns to get to places.

Anyway. Back to my Quest for Commerce. John and I drove around for an hour yesterday following the directions from the bank's own website (so I trusted them). When we saw no sign of it, I called the branch to ask, WHERE ARE YOU???? AND I QUESTION YOUR TITLE AS AMERICA'S MOST CONVENIENT BANK! But alas, it was after hours for the lobby, so no one was there to receive my wrath. So today I started anew, and got a second set of directions. And you know...I love Google. And I love where I live. But Google is useless if the roads I am looking for are UNMARKED or so faded they are just white! NOT helpful.

After going down the wrong road twice, I FINALLY made it to the bank. I rejoiced! I was elated! I wish the check I was depositing was for more money because I probably used that much in gas! Then, I decided that since there was a park nearby the bank, I'd go and check it out to make the driving worth it. But of course, I should have turned left, but I went right. Which took me through a scenic and seedy area of Trenton. I desperately looked for any road that looked familiar and that came out on the road I took to get to the bank...after a few minutes of frantic driving, I found it.




Me, lost in Trenton. Get me OUTTA here!







I got back to the road I needed, and made the awkward merge onto South 206 and was back in familiar territory. I needed a buffer before I got home, and since I didn't get to the park, I figured a trip to the Goodwill store just inside Bordentown Twp. would be a fun diversion. Not nearly as fun as going with Becky and Lisa, but it was pretty fun anyway. I love looking at all the weird stuff in thrift stores cuz you find the most bizarro things, and you know at some point SOMEONE paid money for them. Awesome.




So I'm home now, and I am once again reassured that GPS was invented specifically for me. haha











NON-SEQUITOR ALERT: Today's installment of the Non-Sequitor is brought to you by the Ellen Degeneres Show, which I am watching as I type this. Today she showed us the Tiddy Bear, the latest find in her search for ridiculous infomercials. Remember the Hawaii Chair and the iGallop? Not as hilarious, but just as weird, and with equally bad acting, I present: the Tiddy Bear.

That's all for now, folks. Till next time!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

lets see if this works
like the pics especially of u driving, dont let a cop see that LOL
glad u had a nice weekend and the pump and gourds are sooooo cute cant wait to see the pump all carved and lit
the neighbor's did a great job on theirs
glad too u finally found a commerce
dont get confused when they change the sign to TD
well bye for now back to IMing ya

Anonymous said...

I'm assuming you didn't find anything to go with "The" at the Goodwill? That would have been so cool.

And speaking of non-sequiturs, here's one for you (and I think pretty much all your readers will also appreciate this; of course, if they listen to Preston and Steve at all, they already know about it). http://www.boingboing.net/2008/10/13/hes-a-cat-flushing-t.html

It's the first time I've actually seen Alex like anything associated with cats. Now if only I could teach Sangha this trick.

Anonymous said...

And if you actually want a link that works...

Preston & Steve's (and Alex's idea of funny

Maureen said...

Preston and Steve's existence makes me sad...and how do you even "show" something like this on the radio?

But the kitties are cute, and this is another reason my toilet seat will be down all the time. And makes me worry what I'll come home to!