Thursday, October 23, 2008

On Stupidity...

Okay, so I was baking pumpkin seeds the other day, and I noticed this sticker on the inside of my oven door...




Yes, it is warning you not to sit your giant infant on the open oven door because it will tip the oven over ONTO said giant infant, and your hot soup will spill from above. Now, I see two immediate problems here: one, that there exists some person somwhere who put a baby down on an open over door, perhaps to check a roast, that necessitated this warning sticker, and two, the sheer size of the baby...I mean, do they even MAKE diapers that large? Unless it's an elderly person wearing Depends. But still. Thank GOD I saw this, cuz boy was that looking like a comfy place to sit down. And I don't know what's funnier: the oven tipping over, or the soup spilling from the cooktop. Or the reaction of the 911 call that probably started this warning.

Then this morning I was watching TV while eating breakfast, and I saw an enormously kooky commercial for a local Burlington County business...I thought it would advertise some Halloween attraction like a haunted hayride or something. I mean, what would you expect if a commercial started out by saying, "In [year?], the first witch trial in New Jersey started right here in Burlington County." (Is that even something you wanna brag about?) Then, it turned into an advertisement for a car dealership, and their tagline appeared to be "Where YOU come first." I'm like...for what? Burning at the stake? Hi, non-sequitor alert? What the heck?! I can't find it on YouTube, but I'll keep looking cuz it was that random.

That's all for now. But it's only 10:15, so I'm sure a lot more ridiculousness can happen.

No comments: